Why is Orlando is a great place to drive electric?
- Orlando has one of the largest charging networks in the United States. With over 300 charging stations in the metro area, you’ll never be far from a place you can plug in! Check out a map of the charging stations around Orlando here.
- Orlando is home to dozens of hotels that offer charging for guests, or are located very close to a charging station. Check out our hotels page to learn about which hotels offer this option, and other amenities they provide for EV drivers staying with them.
The Chevrolet Volt is an electric car with the flexibility that you want for your vacation. On top of a range of nearly 40 miles on electricity alone, the range-extending capability of the gasoline engine means Volt gives you freedom to keep going for even longer distances.
What is the range of the Volt?
- The Volt offers an initial electric range of 38 miles – totally gas-free and tailpipe-emissions-free. You can also drive a total range of up to 380 miles on a full charge and a full tank of gas.
How much does it to charge the Volt?
- A GPS mapping system comes standard in your vehicle and can quickly identify the nearest charging station, many of which offer free charging. Many of these stations are conveniently located at commonly visited hotels, attractions, and restaurants.
- Electricity is an extremely affordable transportation fuel. With a fully charged battery, you can enjoy an EPA-estimated 38 miles of gas-free driving for about $1.60 per day. That’s about the same annual cost as running a common household appliance. To save even more, some utility companies offer lower electricity rates for vehicles charging during off-peak periods, such as nighttime.
Do I have to plug it in?
- While Volt has been designed to be the most efficient when it’s plugged in daily, it will run efficiently without being plugged in for days, weeks or even months. With Volt, you don’t have to plug in every day if it doesn’t accommodate your schedule. Drive Electric most of the time, but gas when you need it.
Where can I plug in?
Any normal electric outlet (with the special cable provided in the trunk) or pick from any of Orlando’s over 300 Public Chargers, many of which offer free charging. Charging times vary depending on the station type, but in almost every case, plugging in overnight will give you a full battery the next morning. We recommend downloading the PlugShare app (available on all smart phone platforms), a great tool for finding charging stations and route planning.
- Download the Plugshare app for Android
- Download the Plushare app for iPhone
- Remember to check out our hotels page to see which Orlando hotels have EV charging amenities.
What can I expect when I get behind the wheel of the Volt?
- The car is quiet, smooth and fast off the line (electric motors have all their torque at start-up, unlike gas engines which need time to build power). The Volt accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in about nine seconds.
EVs feel and drive like any other car, but better – electric drive offers instant acceleration, smooth and quiet driving, and excellent bonus features standard like in-car Bluetooth and GPS navigation.
Where can I find more information about the Volt?
- Get plugged into more Chevy Volt facts on the Chevrolet webpage for the Volt.
Save 5% on your EV rental when you rent a Volt with Enterprise
Conveniently located at the Orlando International Airport. Click here to reserve a Volt for your stay.